Tagged: Mechanical Engineer
phil wisemanKeymasterJanuary 17, 2018 at 5:08 pmPost count: 25
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for complex engineering assignments related to researching, designing, and developing mechanical, electromechanical, or electrical equipment and products, parts, components, or larger portions of major projects, following established standards and procedures, by performing the following duties. Assignments are more complicated and afford greater opportunity for independent decision-making and action.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods
- Provide technical advice as well as assist in debugging
- Determines feasibility of designs or modifying existing designs, equipment or products considering costs, time limitations, company planning and other technical factors
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics
- Check designs and details for technical accuracy and recommends revisions or concept expansion for problem resolutions
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations, which may affect a wide range of assignments or projects
- Plans and develops test plans and experimental programs. Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
- Confers with Technical Service, Run-off, Test engineers and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required
- Liaison with customers or vendors as required exchanging information on product or system capability
- Able to layout a project on a time line/ Gant chart. Have an understanding of estimating time on tasks, setting priorities, planning short term and long-term goals, project monitoring and staffing
- Has sufficient familiarity with Reliability and Maintainability principles, tools, and techniques to appropriately plan, manage, or specify for new or re-engineered machinery or equipment
- Assigns manpower and provides technical direction to accomplish desired project objectives, typically to Designers, Detailers, or Design Engineers, and technical support to the shop in the building, manufacturing, or testing of product.
- Knowledge and understanding of the use computer assisted design equipment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, and test reports.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from internal or external sources
- Ability to communicate, in writing, facts and information clearly, accurately and with significance. Typical written communications include department reports, engineer meeting notes, design reviews, memos, trip reports, and recommendations of procedures and methods. Ability to effectively present information to top management, both verbal and written
- Mathematical knowledge and application to mechanical, electromechanical, or electrical equipment design
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical engineering
- 5-7 years relevant engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of one year in a position of accountability
- Able to read and understand electrical prints, mechanical blue prints and some knowledge of hydraulics.
- Top Requirements to aid screening process
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Eng.
- General understanding of Winchill tool / PLM / Change Management
- Experience in heavy machinery manufacturing environment (example: CNC machining factory or injection molding/extrusion equipment environment)
- $38 to $45 hourly , equivalent to $75,000 to $90,000 annual range pending experience (10 years +/-)
Contact: Pat Gaspar
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.