phil wisemanKeymasterJanuary 17, 2018 at 5:03 pmPost count: 25
We’re open to recent graduates as well. (must have a BSME degree)
This position will report to the Quality Manager and will be responsible for the supervision of quality inspections. This individual will set quality standards for products and materials and be responsible for developing methods for training, testing, and sampling. This individual will work directly with the inspection supervisors to train and evaluate inspectors in their use of control forms, procedures, and correcting manufacturing issues. This person will be the main contact for customers and suppliers for any quality related issues.
- Work in compliance with OSHA, EPA and other applicable regulatory requirements. Collaborate with quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design.
- Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Maintain balance between customer, employee and financial satisfaction by maximizing department performance.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering.
- At least three years of experience in automotive quality assurance
- Must be able to stay composed when dealing with deadlines and demanding customers
- Familiarity with robotics
- Machining experience
- A solution oriented person who is not afraid to drive change and make improvements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% – 20% of the time
- Managerial experience is required
- A strong understanding of the TS 16949 requirements and the AIAG core tools
- Must have experience presenting information and results to customers and internal team
- Knowledge of gauging methods, gauge selection, and calibration
- Highly skilled with CAD and Microsoft Office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Contact: Pat Gaspar
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.