phil wisemanKeymasterJanuary 23, 2019 at 5:06 pmPost count: 26
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Quality, Qualus Power Services
LOCATION: Westborough, MA or Cincinnati, OH
CE Power is a leading independent provider of outsourced power system engineering, project management, testing, and maintenance services that enhance the functionality and reliability of the electric grid. CE Power provides its services to electric utilities and industrial companies, and to certain commercial clients with critical power applications such as hospitals and data centers. CE Power’s services are delivered with the core business values of honesty and safety for employees, customers, and suppliers. CE Power is committed to being the leading-edge service provider to ensure asset integrity for new and existing electrical power systems.
Responsible for ensuring that the products and services produced by the four (4) product lines organizations (PES, PEG, Field Services, and LES) meet the established standards of quality as documented in company-level policies and procedures. Assures consistent quality of project outcomes by collaborating with line management to design and validate effective processes; manages organizational documentation; leads the Incident Analysis process and uses the results of this process to drive continuous process improvement; and manages quality staff.
- Accomplish quality supervisory objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions; plan and review compensation actions; enforce policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage a quality budget, annually, to support routine activities, performed by the Quality team, and any improvement initiatives planned for the year.
- Build, direct, manage, and ensure the implementation and effectiveness of the CE Power Quality program. Create and maintain an overarching quality strategy in collaboration with the Director of Quality, Qualus Power Services.
- Achieve quality operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews.
- Meet routinely with operational and project management to address quality issues and improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Training team to design and administer Quality Fundamentals and advanced quality training for CE Power employees. Anticipate focused quality skills for individuals as required by their assignment. Provide specialized training as appropriate.
- Manage all CE Power organization policies and procedures (and other supporting documents) in a controlled document library accessible to all CE Power employees (all functions within the organization). Collaborate with all leadership functions to monitor and verify policies and procedures for currency and accuracy.
- Maintain a Master Document Index consisting of business practices, standards of performance, policies, procedures, and supporting documents.
- Generate and maintain Quality policies and procedures. These shall include provisions for incident analysis, corrective and preventive action, and the establishment of key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the health of established process. Quality policies and procedures shall align with Qualus level strategy and quality standards as established by CE Power client and/or prevailing industry standards.
- Lead the incident analysis process within CE Power using AERO practices and methods.
- Interpret and implement quality standards as identified by client or recognized industry groups.
- Facilitate continuous process improvement activities, utilizing lean six sigma concepts, practices and tools, to increase business efficiency.
- Maintain and improve project quality by completing project, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits and investigate customer complaints to drive process enhancements, new/improved methods of training and client satisfaction.
- Prepare, analyze, and report (quarterly basis to leadership) on systemic issues and trends to identify and provide recommendations on opportunities for improvement.
- Update job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certifications an advantage including Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma Black Belt
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
- Experience with implementation of corrective action and Root Cause Analysis programs
- Product or industry-specific experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools, concepts and methodologies
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS:
- Strategic focus
- Systems approach to process integration
- Mastery of preventive and corrective action
- Supervisory experience
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Data collection, management and analysis
- Problem analysis, problem solving, and process improvement
- Planning and organizing
- Judgment and decision-making
- Customer service orientation
The duties described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. If necessary, a reasonable accommodation may be requested and will be evaluated for its relationship to the essentials functions that must be performed.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client’s office and job sites.
- When performing outside PGE office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by PGE and/or Client as required.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally require to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects and tools.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- E-Verify electronically compares information entered on the Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I- 9, with records contained in Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
PGE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees without regard to race, creed, color religion, national origin, marital status, sex (including pregnancy or gender), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran’s status, or other protected classes.
100 Colonial Center Pkwy Ste.400
Lake Mary, FL 32746
D:407-986-2920 | O:321-244-0170 x332 | M: 786-247-0130
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.