Tagged: Quality Manager
phil wisemanKeymasterJanuary 17, 2018 at 5:10 pmPost count: 25
Quality Manager – small shop of 40 employees
South Bend, IN
Manage and ensure compliance for CNC machining operations relative to standards, specifications and customer requirements in Aerospace, Automotive and Medical sectors. This includes management of 3 inspectors and 1 assistant quality engineer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively communicate inspection and work priorities to the QC team.
- Support measuring technique and drawing interpretation questions
- Make quality decisions and initiate corrective actions as necessary.
- Inspect parts and 1st inspection if needed
- Computer literate- Proficient w/ Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook
- Conduct Annual Training on the Quality Management System- New Employees
- Write work Instructions as needed
- Answer questions and concerns from customers
- Respond to Quality returns and corrective action requests
- Navigate several customer portals and be able to identify customer requirements and inure compliance.
- Any compliance issues- CAPA’s/ECATS
- Product development team
- Maintain approved Supplier list
- Maintain monthly supplier performance analysis
- Any supplier quality issues- contact and resolve- issue scapa’s as required
- Review material packet from receiving
- Verify reports and spec references
- Utilize XRF test gun.
- Effectively move required files and attachments into applicable folders
- Workstation and product audits
- Customer audits
- Maintain PFMEA’s and Contingency Plans
- Conduct Management reviews – (3)per year
- Compile statistics and associated action plans and updates.
Qualifications and Skills
College or technical degree in a related field.
3 Years Minimum working experience in an ISO based quality environment.
Strong people managing skills in addition to blueprint reading and specification interpretation.
Must be able to use variety of measuring instruments. College education can be substituted with job shop machining experience in the aerospace and/or medical device manufacturing field.
ASQ Certifications preferred.
Blueprint Reading- Specification Interpretation- Working knowledge of Honeywell, GE, Rolls Royce supplier portals. PFMEA risk management- Capability – MSA- ECAV- Net-Inspect -FDA-Auditing
This is a hands- on position in a CNC machining job shop environment. Interaction with customers, employees and suppliers is almost constant.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Contact: Pat Gaspar
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.