Fred ReckelhoffParticipantApril 27, 2017 at 10:02 amPost count: 4
Under the direction of the Compliance Manager the Supplier Op Ex Engineer drives and facilitates on-site supplier development projects to ensure a supply chain capable of providing increased flexibility and responsiveness, improved quality and reduction of overall costs. Works closely with Liebel-Flarsheim procurement leadership and its suppliers’ management team to assess supplier capabilities and develop continuous improvement plans. Performs supplier quality system audits for the purpose of determining supplier compliance to the applicable Liebel-Flarsheim, FDA and ISO requirements. The position supports the efforts of Quality, Purchasing, Engineering and R&D related to suppliers. Participates in the customer feedback system through the processing of complaints. These duties have a significant impact on product fitness for use, customer satisfaction and accomplishment of site cost reduction objectives. Closes performance gaps through the application of Lean Six Sigma principles and knowledge of manufacturing and engineering processes. Activities will be aligned with regular Liebel-Flarsheim Supplier Quality Engineering activities to ensure consistent and appropriate mutual support.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Actively seek out improvement opportunities in cost, quality, reliability, and delivery of purchased material with emphasis on the supply base. Applies quality costs concepts and the impact on the business.
2. Work closely with other departments and cross-functional teams to identify key requirements of suppliers.
3. Evaluate supplier’s Quality System for compliance to the standards required by Liebel-Flarsheim using audits of supplier’s facilities or other appropriate measures.
4. Recommend supplier changes based on evaluation results.
5. Participate in supplier audits, supplier corrective action, and supply issue resolution, as necessary.
6. Coordinate, lead, and support team-based strategic improvement initiatives with key suppliers to generate mutual sustainable benefits.
7. Develop data collection plans, analyze data, establish recommendations, and implement solutions for supplier performance improvement.
8.Act as an education facilitator for supplier use of six sigma tools to improve suppliers manufacturing Quality, process capability and cost reductions.
9. Participate in customer feedback system and improvements through complaint review and processing.
10. Provide backup support for the Receiving Inspection functions.
11.Establish supplier quality expectations and insure supplier performance to meet expectations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline.
ASQ quality certifications preferred (i.e. CQE, CQA, …)
Knowledge and experience in lean six sigma methodology preferred.
Self-starter; strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, and Minitab.
Ability to influence and direct others toward continuous improvement goals, the ability to lead projects, functional teams, and work independently to achieve results.
Experience working with suppliers and /or supply chain Management.
Ability to represent Liebel-Flarsheim to outside suppliers in a professional manner on technical issues.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.