Fred ReckelhoffParticipantMarch 10, 2017 at 11:07 amPost count: 2
Apply online at above link
Supplier Operational Excellence Engineer open position
1. Actively seek out improvement opportunities in cost, quality, reliability, and delivery of purchased material with emphasis on the supply base. Applies quality costs concepts and the impact on the business.
2. Work closely with other departments and cross-functional teams to identify key requirements of suppliers
3. Evaluate supplier’s Quality System for compliance to the standards required by company using audits of supplier’s facilities or other appropriate measures.
4. Recommend supplier changes based on evaluation results.
5. Participate in supplier audits, supplier corrective action, and supply issue resolution, as necessary
6. Coordinate, lead, and support team-based strategic improvement initiatives with key suppliers to generate mutual sustainable benefits
7. Develop data collection plans, analyze data, establish recommendations, and implement solutions for supplier performance improvement.
8. Act as an education facilitator for supplier use of six sigma tools to improve suppliers manufacturing Quality, process capability and cost reductions.
9. Participate in customer feedback system and improvements through complaint review and processing.
10. Provide backup support for the Receiving Inspection functions.
11. Establish supplier quality expectations and insure supplier performance to meet expectations.
1. Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline.
2. ASQ quality certifications preferred (i.e. CQE, CQA, )
3. Knowledge and experience in lean six sigma methodology preferred.
4. Self starter; strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills..
5. Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, and Minitab.
6. Ability to influence and direct others toward continuous improvement goals, the ability to lead projects, functional teams, and work independently to achieve results.
7. Experience working with suppliers and /or supply chain Management.
8. Ability to represent company to outside suppliers in a professional manner on technical issues.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.